EA Humble Bundle

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EA Humble Bundle

Post  AssassinPR on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:55 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I don't trust EA as far as I could throw them, but this humble bundle seems like another step in their new direction. I think that it is especially cool that they are not even accepting any part of the donation, unlike past humble bundles. What do you guys think about it? Genuine, or just marketing because of the new generation that is coming up soon?
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EA Humble Bundle

Post  Pikachu on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Heard a lot about the EA humble bundle lately.

I say it's just for press and to look like nice people. Same week as PewDiePie's humble bundle/top 5 picks/his water donation thing.

The people who buy the humble bundle will think that EA is selfless and good and the like so they will buy more of EA's games.

Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:08 pm

I do see some marketing going on in pushing origin, but then they allow a lot of those games to be redeemed on steam, their competition. Then when I saw the games they were giving out, and thought about the games they are pushing over the coming months I thought again it was for gain. Yet they are not even accepting any part of the donation, like other companies do when they do humble bundles. I think they do see the benefits to the EA name, but actions speak louder than words, and their actions lately have been good for a business that in the end is here to make money. IMO This is a positive change for the company along with other actions like removing the majority hated online passes. (even with MS then pushing their DRM console)
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:14 pm

So in the end, it's just for the sake of their reputation. Not accepting cash from the HB makes EA look generous, etc.

Xbox one? Ew. and yes to removing online passes. Those were to milk money from customers. Sorta like xbox live gold.
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Pikachu wrote:So in the end, it's just for the sake of their reputation. Not accepting cash from the HB makes EA look generous, etc.

Xbox one? Ew. and yes to removing online passes. Those were to milk money from customers. Sorta like xbox live gold.
Probably that is why they did it in the first place. While it makes them look generous at the same time doesn't it actually make them generous at least in this case? IDK about the Xbox one. When it was first revealed it was the worst betrayal of customers to ever happen in the gaming industry imo. They have made a lot of changes to the points that there is very little to complain about anymore. The only issues I still have is that its $100 more because the kinect is included, even though you no longer have to use it, which I wouldn't. Also its weaker than the PS4 while its subscription cost is $10 more a year and doesn't come with free games every month like the PS4. The biggest issue is that they never actually gave an apology to loyal customers. They act like nothing happened. I at least will always remember what they tried to do to us. The console they are selling now was created in the past few months, so what did they do all those years that they were supposed to be making the next xbox?
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:03 pm

IMO after they said you needed to connect to internet every 24 hrs it was done for Xbox one. Done. I mean, who'd want to get on their xbox everyday?

I dunno, developing Windows 8 instead of Xbox one?
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Pikachu wrote:IMO after they said you needed to connect to internet every 24 hrs it was done for Xbox one. Done. I mean, who'd want to get on their xbox everyday?

I dunno, developing Windows 8 instead of Xbox one?
They actually don't require that anymore. Just need to connect it to the internet 1 day ever to download the patch that takes out that feature. They have changed a lot so maybe you should take a look at xbox one number 2 and see what they are offering now. I still probably wont get one since I don't trust them anymore lol. I play on PC now anyway but I might bet a PS4 for the exclusives.
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Yeah, they removed it but it's sorta like a "how-could-you-ever-think-of-imposing-that-on-us-microsoft" thing...

Like how even thought runescape made 07 servers it wasn't quite the same as the old 07.
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Pikachu wrote:Yeah, they removed it but it's sorta like a "how-could-you-ever-think-of-imposing-that-on-us-microsoft" thing...

Like how even thought runescape made 07 servers it wasn't quite the same as the old 07.
Things like that never are lol. I have that same feeling towards MS. They will never apologize though. They would have to take some serious actions to make up for everything. I see you got your profile customized now lol.
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:24 am

Customized? All I did was add a pikachu as a profile picture Razz Suits me, doesn't it?

Meh, I accept a $500 rebate on the xbox one.
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:58 am

Pikachu wrote:Customized? All I did was add a pikachu as a profile picture :PSuits me, doesn't it?

Meh, I accept a $500 rebate on the xbox one.
lol make it $600 and we got a deal. This site is kind of bland so a pic is all it takes to make your profile pimped out.
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:06 am

Color in a black and gray wilderness~

Sorta like when color photographs first came out.

$600 rebate? that's just microsoft giving you money XD Was that the joke?
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:24 am

Pikachu wrote:Color in a black and gray wilderness~

Sorta like when color photographs first came out.

$600 rebate? that's just microsoft giving you money XD Was that the joke?
Yeah lol. When it first came out though even paying me I wouldn't take it. A camera and microphone that I can't turn off in my house from a company that is know to work with the government to spy on people? Yeah keep it and the $100.
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:51 am

Just take it and unplug the console Razz
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:54 am

Pikachu wrote:Just take it and unplug the console Razz
NO I refuse! That would be too smart! :p
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 am

No smart people are allowed to buy Xbox ones!
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:21 am

Pikachu wrote:No smart people are allowed to buy Xbox ones!
HA true. For a while here I was getting fed up with microsoft. Xbox live needs some work, their digital prices are ridiculous, and the whole hotmail switch made me mad lol. Xbox one was the final straw.
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 am

Microsoft is good to me, but forcing everyone to pay for xbox live gold got me mad. I mean, sony doesn't make us pay to play online, but microsoft does. -angry face-

I don't play xbox too much, not super hardcore. But the DRM thing and log-in-every-24-hrs is ridiculous. Even if they removed it.
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:27 am

Pikachu wrote:Microsoft is good to me, but forcing everyone to pay for xbox live gold got me mad. I mean, sony doesn't make us pay to play online, but microsoft does. -angry face-

I don't play xbox too much, not super hardcore. But the DRM thing and log-in-every-24-hrs is ridiculous. Even if they removed it.
Prepare your bubble...
PS4 is requiring people to pay for playstation network if they want to play online and get some features. Its $10 cheaper every year, and comes with free indie games everymonth. They probably will add in free regular games once the playstation 4 is older and has games released for it.
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:42 am

At least has better benefits than XBL gold. I don't play xbox/ps3 so I could care less. But the price microsoft wanted just to play online was such a ripoff. PS4 gives free games every month. Still better than microsoft.
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:48 am

Pikachu wrote:At least has better benefits than XBL gold. I don't play xbox/ps3 so I could care less. But the price microsoft wanted just to play online was such a ripoff. PS4 gives free games every month. Still better than microsoft.
I completely agree. $50 a month when you get $30 worth of free games every month is a killer deal. I will be sticking to PC for the foreseeable future though. Steam has such great sales, and combined with no yearly costs it would be the cheapest to play on PC. I dropped like $50 in the steam summer sale and came out with around 15 games. A good number of those being full games, like saints row 3.
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:51 am

Not to mention you can get games from "questionable sources" *cough pirating cough*

If I have a decent PC and internet, I will be set for life.
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:54 am

Pikachu wrote:Not to mention you can get games from "questionable sources" *cough pirating cough*

If I have a decent PC and internet, I will be set for life.
HAHA yeah. I like to support the makers when I can though. I got torchlight 2 for like $5 during the sale so at that price its hard to feel fine with pirating it. Torchlight is actually one of the titles that I pirated in the past and liked it so much that I bought it.
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikachu on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:58 am

Sorta like how I read manga online and if I like it, I will buy the manga to support the author. I get ya.
Pikachu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AssassinPR on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:03 am

Pikachu wrote:Sorta like how I read manga online and if I like it, I will buy the manga to support the author. I get ya.
Manga is the one thing I don't do that with ironically lol. I read manga online but they want like $10 for each manga and that is steep imo. I like manga but I am not so crazy about them to buy them when one season can cost a nice amount.
AssassinPR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top